Monday 21 May 2012

Loch Etive

Went down the beach and dug my bait for the arbroath boat outing, when I got back from bait collecting I got a text message from Gordon the outing was cancelled due to the weather. Sitting with a 150 lug worm and no where to go I thought. Then Iain gave me a call and asked if I wanted to go fishing on sat anyway. Iain Chris Malky and myself headed for loch etive a good call we thought nice chance of a spur or thornie. Arriving we notice a couple of boats out as the loch was flat calm. Started fishing about 2pm and chris had the first fish a coddling about 1lb 5ozs. This was the norm for about a couple of hours small coddling till the gurnard showed up. We fished for 7 hours and caught coddling and grey gurnards and not a sight of a spur or thornie. Some chaps on a boat came along side to see how we were getting on. I asked how they did after we reported we were getting coddling and gurnards. Their reply was not had a bite all day. They had been on the  all over the loch and had not connected with any fish. Not a good sign if the boats are not getting anything. I think Iain had the most bites off the day midge bites nearly go my pen out to connect the dots. lol.... Chris won the £8.00 sweep we had with his 1lb 5oz coddling and we added a few new species to the hunt.