Tuesday 14 May 2013

Weekend fishing

Met up with Will and my son Shane at the weekend for a spot of specimen hunting. The weather was not to good as it rained no stop from the minute we set out. After fishing a couple of marks with no success we opted for our last mark of the day to see what was about.

As well as the rain the wind had got up and made the sea a bit ruff. Not looking good with the big rolling waves and white horses further out it was looking as if it would be un fish able. We started fishing and about half an hour later Shane had an nice common eel about a pound.

I decide to move further down the beach and got my first smooth hound at 5lbs. The next minute Will and Shane were next to me. Will had landed a nice smooth hound at 6lbs 5ozs and Shane was into another nice eel around 1lb 7ozs. 

Shane then got a cracking bite and his rod bent double as he fought it. As he got it to the edge of the water  the fish made a dash for freedom as it popped the hook. It was a nice bass around the 4lb mark. We ended up landing 5 smooth hounds  best one going to Will at 7lbs 3ozs. Two common eels and 4 dogfish. Sorry about the picture quality as I forgot my camera and only had my mobile phone handy and the weather did not help.




Thanks lads for getting me my first smoothie .